This section provides full details of our comprehensive and in-depth qualification for retirement benefit professionals.
The overall aim of the Advanced Diploma is to provide the required professional knowledge, skills and understanding for an individual to undertake, after sufficient experience, a position as a pensions specialist within a self administered scheme, a third party administrator, a life assurance company or the consulting and advisory services.
The Advanced Diploma fulfills the examination requirement for Associate Membership of the PMI (APMI).
Undertaking the qualification places demands on Students and to help with these we offer a variety of study support which is also outlined in this section. Anyone wishing to study for the Advanced Diploma must first register as a Student, Certificate or Diploma Member of PMI.
Workplace Pensions Trailblazer Apprenticeship
This qualification can be used as part of the Workplace Pensions Trailblazer Apprenticeship. Amongst the many benefits of the apprenticeship is the opportunity to access Government funding to cover the cost of the qualifications and any associated training. Further details on the apprenticeship can be found here: http://www.pensions-pmi.org.uk/qualifications-and-learning/pmi-and-apprenticeships/
Why study for the qualification?
There are many reasons to study for the Advanced Diploma:
- To gain a nationally recognised professional qualification uniquely appropriate to careers in pensions and employee benefits.
- To study all aspects of pensions management enabling you to undertake specialised and varied work in any area of the pensions industry.
- To become eligible for Associate Membership and as a result use the designatory initials APMI which indicate that you are professionally qualified and agree to follow the PMI’s Code of Professional Conduct.
- Modules of the Advanced Diploma qualify students to undertake certain FCA Regulated activites. Details can be found here.
- Achieve promotion more easily as an independent assessment has been made of your ability. Many employers advertise for personnel who are studying for, or have completed PMI examinations.
- Meet other professionals on equal terms at regional and national levels at seminars and conferences.
Click here to view further benefits to be gained from studying for and attaining the qualification and becoming an Associate Member of the PMI (APMI).
Advanced Diploma Syllabus Structure from April 2016 Examinations
The 100, 200 and 300 level syllabuses were last examined in October 2015. The Advanced Diploma changed for examinations beginning in April 2016. These changes also impact Diploma level qualifications within the Advanced Diploma structure.
Revised study material will be available from Autumn 2015. Full details can be found in the Advanced Diploma Consultation Response Document. Further information will be made available on this website in due course.
Following feedback on the practicalities of the implementation of the transitional arrangements for those with credits from PMI vocational qualifications we have made the following adjustments and clarifications from those published in the Consultation Response:
(1) The deadline for registration for the Advanced Diploma for those who have and wish to apply credits for non- Advanced Diploma PMI qualifications has been extended to 31 August 2017.
(2) The deadline for completion of the Advanced Diploma for those using credits from non-Advanced Diploma PMI qualification has been extended until the end of 2021.
An FAQ document has been produced that covers these issues and others and can be found here.
Want to contribute to PMI qualifications?
The PMI relies on the contribution of individuals working in the industry. Without the involvement of these people it would be very difficult for our qualifications to be what they are.
If you would like to get involved visit Support for the Institute's Qualification Activities
If you know what you would like to get involved with visit Register Your Interest
The PMI is committed to providing a customer focused and professional service to all its approved assessment centres, students and candidates taking any of our qualifications. Please click on the attached links for details of all of our commitments to you.
To discuss the qualification further contact the Qualifications Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7392 7400.
Advanced Diploma Consultation Response 2015
Advanced Diploma Consultation Response 2015. Including full details of the Advanced Diploma for examination from April 2016.