Wednesday 20 March 2019
Squire Patton Boggs, 1 Spinningfields, 1 Hardman Street, Manchester, M3 3EB
Full event details
The pension freedoms have led to a significant increase in the number of pension transfers from Defined Benefit schemes. Not all of these have been in the best interests of members, as highlighted by events concerning some members of the British Steel Pension Scheme.
This seminar, hosted by PMI’s Insight Partners, WEALTH at work and Squire Patton Boggs, aims to give an overview of current developments and experiences, highlighting why DB transfers are on the rise and what schemes can do to help members make good decisions.
Free for PMI members
The event will count as 2 hours CPD
A background to DB transfers
- The current DB transfer experience
- What are the issues
- What supports is available to scheme members
- What are Trustee and Scheme responsibilities
- What’s the latest TPR and FCA thinking
- Best practice
- Risks to schemes and members
- Member support and due diligence
The adviser view
- What happens when a member engages an adviser
- What is suitable advice?
- What should members expect to pay?
Click here to make a booking
|Members||£ All prices displayed exclude VAT|
|Non-members||£ All prices displayed exclude VAT|
Contact details for enquiries or special rates
Floor 20, Tower 42, 25 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HQ
- Contact email