We would like to welcome you to this exclusive briefing where you will have the opportunity to hear from Uzma Nazir, Head of Origination Structuring at Pension Insurance Corporation (PIC); Shelly Beard, Bulk Annuity and Longevity Hedging Specialist, from Willis Towers Watson; and Rory Murphy, Chair of Trustees of the Merchant Navy Officers Pension Fund (MNOPF), who will discuss the key considerations they had in preparing to convert the MNOPF £1.6bn longevity swap to a buy-in.
This session will focus on the following aspects followed by a live Q&A:
- An insight into the process which the MNOPF Trustees went through when deciding to convert
- What are the benefits of converting a longevity swap to a buy-in?
- How insurers price a buy-in and what’s different when it’s a longevity swap conversion
- What additional factors should be considered when converting a longevity swap?
- How to structure an effective de-risking programme
- Tips for Trustees and how they can effectively structure a longevity swap
Last update: 18 June 2021