Wednesday 1 April 2020
Burges Salmon, One Glass Wharf, Bristol BS2 0ZX
Full event details
The pension freedoms have led to a significant increase in the number of pension transfers from Defined Benefit (DB) schemes. Not all of these have been in the best interests of members, as highlighted byevents concerning some members of the British Steel Pension Scheme.
This seminar, hosted by Burges Salmon and PMI’s Insight Partner WEALTH at work, aims to give an overview of current developments and experiences, highlighting why DB transfers are on the rise and what schemes can do to help members make good decisions.
The event will count as 2 hours CPD.
A background to DB transfers
- The current DB transfer experience
- What are the issues?
- What support is available to scheme members?
The adviser's view
- What happens when a member engages an adviser?
- What is suitable advice?
- What should members expect to pay?
- What are Trustee and Scheme responsibilities?
- What’s the latest TPR and FCA thinking?
- Best practice
- Risks to schemes and members
- Member support and due diligence
- Mark Hewitson, Business Head, WEALTH at work
- Vicky East, National Business Development Manager, WEALTH at work
- Susannah Young, Partner, Burges Salmon LLP
- Suzanne Padmore, Partner, Burges Salmon LLP
To book your place, please complete your details here.
|Members||£ All prices displayed exclude VAT|
|Non-members||£ All prices displayed exclude VAT|
Contact details for enquiries or special rates
Floor 20, Tower 42, 25 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HQ