North West Region: Investing in and sponsoring pensions in 2020; some topical challenges discussed
The “Chinese puzzle”
No, not Covid (or at least, not just Covid) but “May you live in interesting times”.
On the assumption we think there will be a future (certain political leaders seem quite keen to pick a fight at the moment), how should we save for our future retirement?
Freefor members and non-members
1 hourof CPD
We face increasing volatility in world investment markets along with uncertainty in healthcare, employment and politics. How do we protect our members against:
- Market volatility driven by Covid-19
- Trump v China (and anyone who isn't Trump) antagonism
- The decimation of the hospitality and retail sectors
- A no-deal Brexit
- Potential pressure on interest rates
- Not to mention tax policies
But before we decide to put all our money under the mattress, what would be the downside of no exposure to markets and can we afford to take that risk?
What can we learn from historic volatility without just locking ourselves away for a few years?
- PMI Scotland Regional Group members
- PMI members