RetirementMatters Training Course: Approaching Retirement
JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Is the current cost of living crisis impacting retirement plans?
Choosing when to retire is a complex decision and the recent rise in the cost of living will certainly be a factor, especially when calculating how much income will be needed to fund a desired lifestyle. It’s important to understand issues such as this so retirement planning decisions can be made on a well-informed basis.
With this in mind the PMI, supported by WEALTH at work, a leading financial wellbeing and retirement specialist, are running ‘Approaching Retirement’ courses on Wednesday 13th July and Thursday 6th October. These courses are open to all PMI members as well as affiliated employees and pension scheme members.
£50 (+VAT)to register
2.5 hoursof CPD
The ‘Approaching Retirement’ course will provide an improved understanding of retirement, which in turn will enable better retirement decisions to be made. Topics include:
- Changes to lifestyle and costs in retirement
- Inflation in retirement
- State Pension
- Defined benefit and defined contribution pensions
- Generating a retirement income
The 2.5 hour training session will be a live presentation via Teams with the opportunity for Q&A. The course offers limited number of spaces - book now.
- Professionals interested in pensions
- Professionals aged over 50 and considering retirement
- HR Managers
- Employee benefits experts
- Scheme managers
- Scheme members
- Sponsoring employers
Mike has been successfully presenting around pensions, retirement and general financial wellbeing topics for over 22 years.
His top tips for people approaching retirement are –
- Think about what you will be doing. There will be a lot of time to do many things we couldn’t do while we were working.
- Understand all your income and capital options. Enable your plans to be as tax-efficient as possible.
- Make informed decisions. Get impartial information and consider your own personal circumstances, not those of others.
A trained presenter he is passionate in the delivery of information and aware of the key elements required to build understanding.
Joining Wealth at Work in 2018, Mike receives great reviews from the attendees on his sessions for his technical knowledge and engaging presentation style.
Terms and conditions
The PMI reserves the right to make modifications to the programme(s) and administrative arrangements in the event of special circumstances.
In the event of written cancellation four weeks before the event, 80% of the fee will be refunded. No fees are refundable after this date though it will be possible to substitute a delegate of the same fee category up to the day of the event.
If the seminar cannot be held for any reason, the PMI's liability will be limited to a refund of the appropriate seminar fee only. Please note that payment must be received before the event is held.