The Fellowship Network objectives feed into the overall mission of the PMI. One of the Ambassador’s key PMI responsibilities is to engage and encourage Associates’ development into upgrading as Fellows.
PMI FNAs volunteer for an initial period of one year which may be renewable and all agreed travelling expenses incurred in performing tasks are reimbursed.
To be selected as a PMI FNA, the Membership Committee expect Fellows to exhibit some of the following contributions to the pension industry when considering their application:
- evidence of raising the PMI's profile
- devotion of time and energy to the PMI Fellowship Network and their professional work
- providing academic support to Student Members
- acting as a TPAS adviser or involvement with the likes of the National Association of Pension Funds, Society of Pensions Consultants, Association of Pension Lawyers, and the Association of Consulting Actuaries on pensions and retirement savings (voluntary capacity)
- evidence of providing support to the PMI (as an Examiner, Assessor, etc)
- having an active role in the PMI Study Support Partner Scheme
- presenting and/or leading discussions at PMI or industry events (minimum three)
- contributing to the PMI's responses to government initiatives
- being a retired member with current CPD
- having an up-to-date subscription payment
The benefits of acting as a PMI FNA
- Collaboration with other intellectual groups and steering committees, charged with delivering the PMI views on pension issues to the Pension Minister and other notable policy makers in the pension arena
- Profiling of your work and contribution to the industry in PMI News articles
- Mentoring of other membership categories (aspiring Fellows of the future)
- Having the title 'PMI Fellowship Network Ambassador' assigned to build partnership and relations to promote the PMI activities and galvanise other Fellows and Associates for the benefit of the PMI
- Involvement and public recognition in the drafting of White Papers related to issues affecting the pension industry
If you would like to apply for the role as a PMI FNA download an application form below.