On this page you will find information on the activities of the PMI North East Regional Group. This includes those living and/or working in Cleveland, Derbyshire, Durham, Humberside, North Yorkshire, Northumberland, South Yorkshire, Tyne & Wear and West Yorkshire. Meetings normally take place in Leeds (unless stated otherwise).
Chairman: Louisa Calvert, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Chairman: Andrew Wilson, Email: Andrew.Wilson2@pinsentmasons.com
Treasurer: Vikki Massarano, Email: email@example.com
Secretary: Jane Briggs, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publicity Secretary: Mark Norris, Email: email@example.com
Events Representative: Ruth Bamforth Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Events Representative: Gemma Hanley Email: email@example.com
Events Representative: Anna Smithson Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Events Representative: James Webster Email: email@example.com
The committee would like to thank the following employers for providing sponsorship to help support our activities:
- Addleshaw Goddard
- Aon Hewitt
- Barnett Waddingham
- First Actuarial
- Squire Patton Boggs
- Willis Towers Watson
Benefits of sponsorship include free regional membership for employees and free entry for employees to our meetings and seminars. If you are not currently a sponsoring employer but would like to become one, please contact any member of the Committee.
The schedule of seminars and social events for 2018-19 is set out below, although some events are still in the planning stage. Details of the events will be added to this page shortly. Final details of each event will be published via email around four to six weeks prior to the event. Please contact Jane Briggs at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be included on the email distribution list.
Forthcoming seminars and social events
- Exploring Fiduciary Management – 28 March 2019 at the offices of Squire Patton Boggs, with speakers Richard Lunt (First Actuarial) and Alistair Jones (SEI).
- Question Time event – 18 April 2019 at the offices of TPT Retirement Solutions, with panelists TBC.
- Legal update – 6 June 2019 at the offices of Eversheds Sutherland, with speakers TBC.
- DC / Master Trusts themed seminar – 11 July 2019 at the offices of Squire Patton Boggs, with speakers TBC.
Forthcoming Social Events
- Pub Quiz – our annual quiz will take place at Lambert’s Yard on Wednesday 14 March 2019.
- Drinks reception and seminar – this event will take place instead of the annual dinner on either Thursday 9 May or 16 May 2019, details TBC.
PMI Students in the North East region are welcome to contact James Webster at email@example.com with any questions they may have about modules, or to ask for advice about study/examination technique. Good luck with your studies!
If you are not currently a member of the PMI North East Group and are interested in joining contact Jane Briggs at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Regional Group meetings and events qualify for CPD hours which you can use towards your PMI CPD requirement. These would come under the 'Events/Seminars/Conferences' category.