1. How satisfied have you been with the direction of pensions policy over the last 6 months?
2. How optimistic are you about the direction of pensions policy over the next 6 months?
3. How satisfied have you been with the actions of the Pensions Regulator over the last 6 months?
4. How confident are you that The Pensions Regulator will focus on the right areas in the next 6 months?
5. To what extent are the following factors useful proxies for the type of pension coverage that an individual is likely to have (e.g. DB, DC, State, other long-term savings)?
6. In relation to "Baby Boomers" (those born between 1946 and 1964), TPR has identified the following as its key areas of focus over the next 15 years. To what extent do you agree with these?
Security and value in DB pension schemes
Working with our partners to prevent and tackle pension scams
Understanding and enabling good saver decision-making
7. In relation to "Generation X" and "Millennials" (those born between 1965 and 2004), TPR has identified the following as its key areas of focus over the next 15 years. To what extent do you agree with these?
Driving participation in workplace pensions
Ensuring that savers get value from their pensions and that their money issecure
Encouraging and enabling innovation
8. TPR has not published any specific key areas of focus for "Generation Z"(those individuals born from 2005 onwards). Do you think that the key areas of focus for this group will differ from the previous generation?
9. In assessing its policy priorities, how relevant is it for TPR to focus on segmenting the workforce by age?
10. TPR have identified the following system-level changes likely to be experienced over the next 15 years:- Change in the nature of work (e.g. more part-time work in retirement, growing level of self-employment, increase in the "gig economy")- Continued shift away from DB towards DC- More professional trustees- Increasing consolidation into master trusts and possibly Collective Dened Contribution Schemes- Advances in technology(e.g. Pensions dashboards)- Changes in regulatory frameworks (e.g. greater powers for TPR, climate change initiatives)Are there other system-level changes you believe that TPR needs to consider?
Our fifth edition of PMI Pulse is now closed. Next poll will open in 2021.
Last update: 14 January 2021